There is no sure way to prevent colds, especially in children. As children grow into adults, they naturally get fewer colds.
The following may help protect you against catching colds:
- Wash your hands often, especially when you are around people with colds.
- Stop smoking. Smoking irritates the mucous membranes of the nose, sinuses, and lungs, which may make them more susceptible to infections.
- Keep your stress levels under control. If you are exposed to cold viruses, a high level of stress may increase your chances of catching a cold.
- When you have a cold, avoid sneezing without covering your mouth. Also avoid spreading nasal secretions on your hands.
- Use disposable tissues rather than a handkerchief.
For more information about Cold and Flu visit:
In case of emergencies
Prescription Online is not an emergency service. If symptoms are critical or life-threatening, you should call triple zero (000) or go straight to hospital.